This is my second attempt at making a bag and I’m really pleased with the result, thank goodness. (Yes, I am a perfectionist but I think that’s a good thing when you’re sewing; straight, neat lines are good, right?!)
I used remnants from the denim beanbags and geometric cushion I made, so it didn’t cost much; just thread and a magnetic clasp to fasten the top of the bag.
I loved covering my own buttons with fabric; it’s so easy to do and adds interest to the exterior of the bag. I found a pack of self-cover buttons in my Nan’s old sewing box I inherited. I’ve been told she was a good seamstress so it’s a shame she can’t see what I’m up to but I’m sure she’d be pleased her sewing things are being put to good use.
So all in all I had a really successful day. The lining will eventually be made from my own printed fabric to make it an authentic gilhoolie bag. (Spot the gilhoolie label stitched into the seam!)