Birthdays come and go but I wanted this year’s to be special and it really was, not because we did anything flash, more because we kept it simple and everything fell into place. (Plus it was a ‘significant birthday’ but we won’t say any more about that, the clues in the heading…)
We decided to catch the train into town for a spot of shopping. I have to say, it was a very successful trip for the following reasons:
- I bought a new outfit to wear when we go out to dinner with friends on Saturday within the first half an hour! I was very happy
- Followed by a quick browse round Liberty to look at their lovely wares, always puts a smile on my face
- Then, after wandering around lots of amazing (and one slightly dodgy!) side streets, a scrumptious lunch at a veggie cafe in Soho called Beetroot – even if you’re not veggie you should give it a go, very yummy food and lots of it!
- Next I realised (doh!) we were on Berwick Street – lots of incredible fabric shops, so of course I had to have a look in those too. I just had a search for some information on them and came across a lovely blog called Tilly and the Buttons – makes me want to make my own clothes, I definitely need a morning to read this more over a cuppa and take the plunge!
That was all in the space of a few hours – pretty impressive eh?! I love it when a day turns out that way, especially if its a special occasion too!
All of the above was during school hours (including the train journey to London and back!) and of course was followed by yummy home-made birthday cake at home with the boys and several visits from lovely friends, what a day… and more surprises to come on Friday and the weekend, am a tad excited…
Anyway, here is a collage of just a few of the best bits from my day and things that caught my eye along the way. Thank you to everyone who made it special in every way! (Do I sound like a cheesy birthday card?!)
1. Miho’s quirky and decorative range of wall-mounted deer heads and bird houses in Liberty
2. Felicity Hall contemporary needlepoint kit to make a clutch bag (in Liberty) – never seen these before and I don’t think I have the patience but they’re rather nice
3. Kate Spade New York coasters – how cute
4. My birthday cake – lovingly made by James and the boys – didn’t last long!
5. Absolutely beautiful Danish cross-stitch picture made by Auntie (!) Tina – really chuffed to get a hand-made present
6. Lisa Stickley make-up bag from James – love the pattern and the colours too